Thursday, February 20, 2014

From the desk of the Mantan Pengetua. ;)


Alhamdulillah.

I got 5 minutes finally to write something on my blog. Indeed, it was a very busy months. Syukur to Allah. At least I still got something to do. 

My 31st December was my last post as the principal of the residential college (Kolej Kediaman Pelajar 5) at Universiti Malaysia Pahang. I wouldn't have thought what I had experience during performing that post. Thank you for all of the UMP Top Managements who had helped and guide me a lot. Alhamdulillah.

2 years to create something that last is not enough. What we could spend on material development within 2 years? A little bit. But the most important thing that we could create within that time frame is the human-bond-relationship that will last forever. And I found that the Adab, the Adat, the Falsafah, the core values that we hold in Silat indeed a "group of helping friends" that will let us know how and what to react dealing with the nowadays challenges. 

As a human being, as a father, as a son, as a husband, as a Silat practitioner, as a lecturer, as a Moslem, etc , we do face the problems throughout our life. If we put all of the light behind us, no matter how fast we run, we won't be able to grab the shadow in front of us. But the time that we realize that all of the "other things" are just a 'little thing', than everything will be easy for us. If we put the light in front of us, no matter we run, we walk, we jump, we fall, the shadow is always following us. 

In Silat Seni Gayong, in our carrier, in our family, in our life, what are we looking for exactly?

Is it truly we are doing "things" right, or we are just don't know what we are doing or looking for. 

Thank you Allah. Thank you Teachers & Masters. For at least letting me know which path should I go. Eventhough my journey is even not beginning yet, please My God, help me by making me in the right path the moment that You end my life. 

My 5 minutes stops now. Hope this modest entry will help my motivation wake up to blog frequently. Thanks everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment