Monday, January 18, 2010

BLUE MONDAY

They said that the 3rd Monday of January is the worst day in the year. At first, I didn't think about it at all. But what happened during the whole day made me admit the truth behind it. The 3rd Monday, meaning that 2 weeks had passed after the Noël (Christmas) holiday in France. It means that every student had already enough time to rest and to prepare for their exam on the beginning of shining new year. It means also that you are happy after buying new Baggy and Celio T-Shirt, electronic gadgets, Silat training weapons, and Comics during the Soldes (sales) after Christmas all along the boutique at the La Défense, Chatêlet or Champs Elysée, and booking many Ryanair ticket for the destinations that you don't even have any little idea what will you start to do once arriving at the airport. 2 weeks 'vacances' meaning also that you are in a good health, good mood and good appearance.

However, it is just a theory. Don't ever relate the quantity of holidays with the productivity and motivation of a student...never! New year celebration will change your biological clock and you will suffer the insomnia for the whole night and psychological jet lag due to the indiscipline life style. How it is terrible to wake up in the morning and run to the Metro at 7 o' clock in the morning, while you didn't have the time to take a shower or even brush your teeth? How it is so panic to realize that you are going to have an examination during the first day of the rentry, and dozen of papers for the 3 first weeks after? How it is hard to find that you got only the "negative" symbole beside the numbers of the balance left in your bank account and has to get ready to eat "Maggi" for the rest of the month? I bet everyone had experience this at least once in their student life! ;)

But don't worry, the good news is that, we are not so far from the happiest day in the year. It is said that 21st of Jun is the day that almost everyone will wake up and smile to everyone! ;) Well, the problem is only that, with a life of a lot of paper works, projects and exams, 6 months, about 180 days would be long like hell!!!

And me, after falling more than 2o times while attempting to play the ice skating in front of the Hôtel de Ville, I woke up in the morning with a "la geule de bois" (hangover) and had a hard day to present myself for the lecture at the university. From 8a.m to 6p.m, I didn't stop bagging my head. Since that the next morning I got an exam, I decided not to sleep at all along the night, accompanied by dozen of glass Milo and Kopi Haji Hamid Pasir Puteh posted by my beloved Ma. The exam was not so satisfying. I had again to prepare myself an interview for my PhD, but I didn't find any formal clothes to wear. So I asked someone to borrow his shirt, slack, neck tie, and even socks. But I forgot to asked his shoes too. So I found my self to be interviewed with my adidas snickers. Ashamed.... but still hoping!

After a heavy-duty day, I went to our officer's house to take my bag, by accidently slept soundly and profoundly until night. What a terrible monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment